Reset on edit doesn't work with a dependent initial value

Conditions:

currently i have two cells related to each other

[Bank name] and [Bank Account No.]

When I choose a bank in [Bank name], which is ref to a list of bank names, [Bank Account No.] will put out the bank code of the bank as initial value, but sometimes it is being left out for further edit.

When I get the bank info and decided to edit the row, when i choose [Bank name], the [Bank Account No.] will stay empty, i tried is not blank and it is only resetting when thereโ€™s already value input on that cell, I want it to update when I choose the bank name when i modify the case.

Solved Solved
0 10 240
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

[Refund Account No.] 's Reset_On_Edit =

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Refund Bank] <> [Refund Bank]

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

What is your Initial Value expression, and reset_on_edit expression, for [Bank Account No]?

initial value i got: [Refund Bank].[the value i wanted to show]

reset on edit: ISNOTBLANK([Refund Account No.]), but no matter if i choose ISBLANK or ISNOTBLANK it still only works if the field was not left blank at first

You could try to just turn reset_on_edit on, without any expression. That may not make sense for your situation though, Iโ€™m not sure.

Or, you could try an expression that looks at the value of the Ref column, something like:

Both doesnโ€™t work, maybe let me try explain more clearer.

I have [Bank Name] which is a ref, [Bank Account] linked to each other, when i choose a bank name in the app, a bank code will be shown in [Bank Account] as the initial value.

If I just turn reset on edit on, it doesnโ€™t give out any initial value in [Refund Account No.] when i do anything on the [Bank Name]

Oh, thereโ€™s a third column in the mix here? Now Iโ€™m confused. Show screenshots of all 3 column configurations.

Or rather, 4 columnsโ€ฆ

Iโ€™m sorry that Iโ€™m confusing you.

As you can see thereโ€™s only 2 columns, so when I pick an option on the refund bank column, an initial value โ€œ012โ€ will comes up in the refund account no. field.

After saving it, if I wanted to edit the row, when I choose a new bank, a new initial value wont comes up on the refund account no. field.

3X_9_3_93f661643689c1f088185a56903f7adcd40c4135.png

another image is here as i can only embed one image each post

[Refund Account No.] 's Reset_On_Edit =

thanks! can u explain the expression for me?

because i donโ€™t see thereโ€™s any place that explains [_THISROW] types of expressions.

Top Labels in this Space