Reset or clear the child list in a form

Hi, I got some issues with a form, which has a column to act as a parent (a drop-down list), and a ref_rows as a child.

The value that is allowed to add to the child is dependent on the value selected for the parent.

Below is my sample parent & child data:

Parent a, got 1, 2,3 child

Parent b got 4,5,6 child

In the form to create a new record for this table, I select "a" in the parent column, and then in the child ref rows, I have added child 1 & 2. Before save, I found that I choose a wrong parent, and switch to "b". In this situation, child 1 & 2 in the ref_rows is not belong to parent "b", so it is invalid. Anywhere for me to check the validity of the child upon I change the value for parent? Or simplest way, are there any way for me to create the ref_row list if I change the value for parent?

PS: all happened in a form, before save.

0 1 82
1 REPLY 1

I don't fully follow your data and app design, and something seems off if the user has to select the parent record's key that the child records reference.

That said, you could explore creating an action that runs upon form save when the undesired condition exists and changes the data values you want to modify.

Top Labels in this Space