Reset quick edit enum button when a different quick edit button is selected

I have a list of students that Iโ€™d like to filter based on grade level and/or room. Iโ€™m using quick edit buttons for grade (M1 - M6) and rooms (101, 102, 103, 201, 202, 203, โ€ฆ). The slice is set up and working the way I want when a grade or room is selected. Itโ€™s the buttons that are not working properly.

Iโ€™m using a Valid If expression to only show the rooms in a selected grade level:

SELECT( Rooms[RoomNumber] ,
[GradeLevel] = 
RIGHT( ANY(SELECT ( Filters[GradeLevelFilter] , USEREMAIL() = [Email] )) , 1)
)

The Valid If expression is working as seen here with only the M3 rooms showing when M3 is selected:

The problem occurs when I select a room and then select a different grade level. For example if I select 301 and then select a different grade level such as M2, the room buttons will change once, but then they get stuck and wonโ€™t change no matter which grade button I select. As you can see here I have M1 selected but the rooms are stuck on the M2 rooms and I get the red invalid error message.

Ideally I would like to clear the RoomFilter column if a different grade level is selected. If thatโ€™s not possible, I donโ€™t mind if a selected room and grade level donโ€™t match (I can set up the slice to give preference to the grade level), but Iโ€™ll need the room buttons to change to match the selected grade levels.

Thanks in advance!

Solved Solved
0 2 295
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Enable Reset on edit? for the Room column.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Enable Reset on edit? for the Room column.

@Steve I had tried that previously but couldnโ€™t get it to work. It looks like I needed to reload the entire app in the browser, not just resync. Itโ€™s working now, thanks!

I have other filters in that row (one is a language filter to switch between English and Thai) that when changed I donโ€™t want to force the room to reset. I added this in the Reset on Edit expression:

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[LanguageFilter] = [_THISROW_AFTER].[LanguageFilter]

A heads up to anyone else trying this, once again just resyncing the app didnโ€™t change anything. I had to completely reload the app in the browser before this expression worked. Now when I change the grade level filter the room resets but changing the language filter does not reset the room, which is exactly what I want. I also have delayed sync enabled. Not sure if thatโ€™s why I need to completely reload the app?

Thanks again!

Top Labels in this Space