Restricting the user from clicking the button again from different device.

Hey,
I developed a survey application, in this a survey is assigned to be done by multiple volunteers .
It have a home screen that contains all the survey volunteers have to do.  card view in homescreen contains start button which redirects to form that volunteer will fill and save it.

problem:
Volunteers are logged in with multiple devices with same email. let's say volunteer 1 come and start the survey add his findings and save. Volunteer (v2) on other device can start the survey also it will add new row in database.
All though it will work fine if volunteer will sync the application because it will change the survey status to not submitted or submitted which will take him to edit form where v2 will update the data or make changes in values added by v1.

Required solution is: To restrict the V2 from starting the survey again without syncing the application. Is there is something like auto sync in appsheet??

@Steve , @Suvrutt_Gurjar 

0 5 114
5 REPLIES 5

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Aman991 

@Aman991 wrote:

Required solution is: To restrict the V2 from starting the survey again without syncing the application. Is there is something like auto sync in appsheet??

This is not a real-time syncing.

The best you can have is this option:

Aurelien_0-1676970697807.png

For reference:

Can I have my app update automatically? - AppSheet Help

Hi @Aurelien ,
Thankyou for the answering,
Can we do it by applying any logic on submitting same form again or restricting the user from adding data in database, somehow.

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Aman991 

@Aman991 wrote:

Can we do it by applying any logic on submitting same form again or restricting the user from adding data in database, somehow.

As far as I know, there is no way to prevent such behavior. Basically, all apps are not aware in real time of the dataset current state, if I can say so.

Hey @Aurelien ,
Is it like we cannot perform any action before writing data to database using form view, and restrict user from doing so?

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Correct.

Top Labels in this Space