Return a table list of months and year found within a date range

I am trying to avoid importing formulas along with my spreadsheet data so I have been trying recreate some of the things my app will rely on via virtual columns.  At the moment, I am trying to create a VC that looks at all the dates within a column of my data and then returns a unique list of months (in text format) and years found for each city location my data contains.  Referencing the image I attached, the results I want is location then a list like this , July 2022, August 2022, September 2022, May 2023, location, July 2022, August 2022, September 2022, May 2023, etc.  I'm assuming that I'll need a couple of VCs to accomplished my desired results, but for the moment I can't figure out how to reduce my list to a single item per month and then display them line by line.

rgrantz123_0-1687792095772.png

Lastly, here is what my table looks like.  I want DATE to be datatype Date because I will be using it to do some calculations later on, but the current formula I'm using only works if the datatype is text.  

rgrantz123_1-1687792956719.png

I'm very new to AppSheet and have only been using it for about a week now so please don't hesitate to point out any mistakes that I may be making.  Thanks! 

Solved Solved
0 2 206
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Man könnte viel besser helfen, wenn klar dokumentiert wird, welchen Zweck Ihre App haben soll.

Bei dieser Frage, nehme ich an, dass Sie verschiedene gefilterte Ansichten anhand eines Datums erstellen möchten, das bedeutet, dass Sie normalerweise einen "Slice" erstellen müssten. Was ist Data Slice und wann werden sie verwendet? 

Zur Info: Wenn Sie in Ihrer App oben das Suchen-Symbol auswählen, dann taucht dort ein Filter-Symbol auf, mit diesen werden Ihre Daten nach den gewählten Filtern angezeigt.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Man könnte viel besser helfen, wenn klar dokumentiert wird, welchen Zweck Ihre App haben soll.

Bei dieser Frage, nehme ich an, dass Sie verschiedene gefilterte Ansichten anhand eines Datums erstellen möchten, das bedeutet, dass Sie normalerweise einen "Slice" erstellen müssten. Was ist Data Slice und wann werden sie verwendet? 

Zur Info: Wenn Sie in Ihrer App oben das Suchen-Symbol auswählen, dann taucht dort ein Filter-Symbol auf, mit diesen werden Ihre Daten nach den gewählten Filtern angezeigt.

Thank you!  The video was very helpful.

Top Labels in this Space