Reverse filter a dashboard

Mike_T

I have a dashboard with a table view I use as a selection filter to show objects(rows) on a map. Currently when I tap a row on the table the map filters out everything except my selection. Two questionsโ€ฆ

1. is there a way to allow the user to select multiple rows on the table to filter on the map?
  2. how would one go about using the table to reverse filter? meaning, filter out the row a user selects and show all the others?

Thanks in advance!

0 3 263
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I donโ€™t believe either are possible with the built-in interactive dashboard feature.

If I understand it rightโ€ฆ You could create another table and call it lets say โ€œRows_selectionโ€. So, now you have a main table with your rows called lets say โ€œRowsโ€ and a โ€œRows_selectionโ€ table.

In Rows_selection table include reference to your map details, ref to Rows table and userid(to use it filter).

Then, create an action to create a new row in Rows_selection based on values of your Rows table.
So a user can use an action button in Rows table to add rows to Rows_selection table. Then use Rows_selection slice in your dashboard.

You going to need another action to clear the selectionโ€ฆ

In my head itโ€™s achievable, but Iโ€™m not sure about the realityโ€ฆ

As @Steve said, there is no built-in way to achieve your request.

And as @jacksonmihailov recommends you can likely cobble something together to simulate the interactive dashboard behavior.

Here is how I think I would tackle it:

In a Deck view, add the capability to selects rows (toggle selection on/off). When clicking on a row that is โ€œselectedโ€ then show the Map View of the selected rows. When clicking on a row that is NOT selected show the normal row Detail View.

Here is the basics of this approach:

1. Add a Selected? column to your row.
  2. Create an action that toggles the selection on/off using Format Rules to change the icon.
  3. Create custom Row Selected group action that includes:
    • action for row as selected that navigates to the Map View using the LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() with the filter criteria of [Selected?] = true
    • action for row as not selected that navigates to the row Detail view using LINKTOROW().
  4. Attach the custom Row Selection action to the Row selected behavior (likely a Deck view)
Top Labels in this Space