Round up function

I have total hours worked say 1.30…I would like to round up to 1.50 and not to 2 or 1
the functions Floor, Ceiling, Round rounds to the nearest integer, like to round up to nearest decimal,
Any workaround or expressions which can do it
Else it’s a much-needed feature.
Thanks

0 10 1,024
10 REPLIES 10

What do you expect when it’s i.e. 1.65? Do you want to round it up to 2.00 or down to 1.50?
OR
What do you expect when it’s i.e. 1.05 or 1.15? Do you want to round it up to 1.50 or down to 1.00?
What should be the condition?

I would like to Round it up to 1 please let me know how to do that.

Thank You!!

when its 1.65 to 1.50

ROUND([DECIMAL]*2)/2.0 should do it

I would like to Round it up to 1 instead of 1.5

Thanx.

Try using Floor Function
Floor([column])
this will round to lowest integer

Actually my issues is:

For my Employee 44 minutes is a grace period in a month for coming late, so if the total of the month is 44 minutes salary is not cut.

If my employee is late by 45 minutes in a month then half day is cut in a month.

Accordingly in a month if he is late by lets say 2 hours and 14 minutes which equals to 134 minutes then his salary will be cut for 1 day in a month.

So if he is late by 2 hours 15 minutes which is equal to 135 minutes his salary will be cut for 1.5 days.

I am not able to figure out the formula to get this.

Can you please help.

Maybe this?

ROUND(
  MAX(
    LIST(
      TOTALMINUTES(expected-time - actual-time),
    )
    / 44.0
  )
)
  1. (expected-time - actual-time) computes the amount of expected time that wasn’t worked, as a Duration value. Replace expected-time with an expression that gives the expected work time for the pay period as a Duration value; and actual-time with an expression that gives the actual amount of time worked in the pay period, also as a Duration value.

2. TOTALMINUTES(...) converts the Duration value from (1) into a Decimal value representing the total number of minutes described by the Duration value.

3. MAX(LIST(..., 0.0)) gets the higher of the value from (2) and 0.0. The idea here is to ignore a negative result from (2). A negative result from (2) means more hours were worked than expected.

4. (... / 44.0) converts the number of minutes not worked from (3) into a number of 44-minute blocks not worked, as a Decimal value.

5. ROUND(...) produces a Number value from the Decimal value produced by (4).

See also:

Thank you for your precious time and effort in replying!!

I tried this easy option and it worked!!

Column LateMark of Type Duration where the user enters the Hours:Minutes Late.

Column LateMin of Type Decimal with App Formula: TOTALMINUTES ([LateMark]) will convert the Hours:Minutes into minutes.

Column LateDays of Type Decimal with App Formula: [LateMin] / 90

Column LateDaysCut of Type Decimal with App Formula: IF ( [LateMin] > 44, FLOOR ( [LateDays] * 2 ) / 2.0, 0 ) will give the result how many days to cut the salary for.

Thank you!!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
Top Labels in this Space