Row Filter Based Upon Date

I am working on a field service app. I have a slice of our recurring customers this list is โ€œread-onlyโ€ and there are actions that record data on another table. Iโ€™d like to filter, or remove the customer for that day from view on this slice, if there is a record of that customer from today on that other table. Is this possible?

0 6 179
6 REPLIES 6

Thanks @Marc_Dillon!
I am still having difficulties with the filter expression. This is what I have so farโ€ฆ
AND(
[Tech]=USEREMAIL(),
WEEKDAY([SERVICE DAY])=WEEKDAY(Today()),
ISBLANK(Customer.Completed)
)

But what Iโ€™m finding with the ISBLANK in the AND expression it wonโ€™t show the customer before a record is added for themโ€ฆ If they donโ€™t have a record before that, how do I show the Customer until they are created and then not show them once they are completed? Does that make sense?

So you have a customers Table, and a daily_records_per_customer Table.

Youโ€™re wanting a Slice on customers that only shows records that do not have an associated daily_records_per_customer record for today.

Using FILTER() (which is equivalent to SELECT( table[key-column] ) ), you can gather all daily_records_per_customer records, with a condition that it matches the customer, AND the date matches TODAY(). Then you just want to know if the returned list is blank or not.

You never mentioned any โ€œtechโ€ or anything about the signed in user, so not sure what youโ€™re doing here.

Are you matching by date equals today, or by weekday?

Not quite sure what this is supposed to be, but it definitely is not valid.

@Marc_Dillon Sorry for not clarifying. Iโ€™ve got a slice with an row filter expression that is currently operational. That current expression is setup as
AND(
[Tech]=USEREMAIL(),
WEEKDAY([SERVICE DAY])=WEEKDAY(Today())
)
Which works, It only shows the tech their route for that day. However, Iโ€™d like to add an additional filter to remove the customer after a record is completed on a separate table.
I will try to explain how it works for me currently in using. [Tech] opens up the app on Wednesday and it shows only who the list of customers for Wednesday. (The customer list has recurring customers every week, so I have them filter by day) This table is reference only, but has actions that set rows on the other table. Simple time tracking (i.e. - Start Time, End Time, Completed Yes/No) Iโ€™d like to have it remove the customer for that day, if they have already been โ€œCompletedโ€ Hopefully that explanation helps. Iโ€™d be adding on to the expression Iโ€™ve already created which is written above.

Ok, I understand. Utilize the ISNOTBLANK(FILTER(โ€ฆ)) in place of your:

@Marc_Dillon Thanks greatly! It worked perfectly!

Top Labels in this Space