Row Filter Condition on slice not working

I cannot seem to find an answer that helps with my issue: I have a ref column (Facility) to a slice (refFacility). I am trying to display (in read only status) just the โ€œAโ€ facilities. It is displaying the Key field of those records that are โ€œIโ€ statusโ€ฆI am so confused as to why this is not workingโ€ฆScreen shots below:

Solved Solved
0 5 574
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your expression in Valid_If is pulling in all key values from the base table, not just the slice ones, but since the Ref is pointed to a slice, certain key values donโ€™t have any valid reference links, thus they appear with the yellow exclamation.

Change tblFacility to refFacility in the valid_if expression, and you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Do you have a valid_if or suggested values expression set for the [Facility] Ref column?

I just have the sorting in the Valid If:

3X_d_8_d8cda94ac1bade4b3ebc9ffa54e2b24e2244fb75.png

And, why would I need the Valid If โ€ฆ shouldnโ€™t the slice handle it?

Your expression in Valid_If is pulling in all key values from the base table, not just the slice ones, but since the Ref is pointed to a slice, certain key values donโ€™t have any valid reference links, thus they appear with the yellow exclamation.

Change tblFacility to refFacility in the valid_if expression, and you should be good to go.

BRILLIANT! Thank you so muchโ€ฆ

Top Labels in this Space