Row Id

Hello everyone. I just got back to work with Appsheet yesterday after a while and as expected, I got a lot of positive updates. One of them, the Database.

1. I want to migrate one of my Apps to the Appsheet database but when copying all the tables are copied but there are three of them that the app is using from google sheets and the rest are using from Appsheet.

Does anyone know why this happens?

When I choose "Copy to new data source", sell error. Does anyone know why?

2. Does anyone know the difference between [Row Id] that comes in the appsheet base and [Element Id], aren't they the same? In such a case, is it necessary to create a new Id for the table?

3. Someone knows what this message means "The given key was not present in the dictionary."

Cheers

Solved Solved
0 4 653
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Funcionan las claves primarias definidas como [elementoID], pero al referenciar o usar el tipo de dato ref en una tabla la misma debe usar el Row Id, sino genera un error de conexiรณn, es decir es mejor que trabaja directamente con el Row Id como clave primaria o Key y elimina totalmente tu anterior Key utilizada con las hojas de calculo. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Well, two things.

1. AppSheet Databases is still a preview feature / beta feature.
  2. Importing is not fixed yet, so you just can start from scratch when using it

Databases uses a different way to deal with row keys

Muchas gracias por tu respuesta Oscar. Me queda un poco la duda sobre el tercer punto. QUรฉ ocurrirรญa si sigo utilizando el UNIQUEID() ademรกs del RowID() 

No lo sรฉ realmente.
El nuevo sistema de AppSheet Databases usa UNIQUEID("PackedUUID"). Podrรญas intentar reemplazar esa expressiรณn por UNIQUEID() o UNIQUEID("UUID") ?

Funcionan las claves primarias definidas como [elementoID], pero al referenciar o usar el tipo de dato ref en una tabla la misma debe usar el Row Id, sino genera un error de conexiรณn, es decir es mejor que trabaja directamente con el Row Id como clave primaria o Key y elimina totalmente tu anterior Key utilizada con las hojas de calculo. 

Top Labels in this Space