Rows added to google sheet column have value "COMPUTED_VALUE", breaking arrayformula

I have a column in Google Sheets that is computed with a complicated array formula (below) that AppSheet correctly detects as containing a formula.

Unfortunately it populates Auto Compute:Spreadsheet Formula with the string โ€œCOMPUTED_VALUEโ€, and writes that string to the spreadsheet when I add a new row through the App, which breaks the array formula.

I can work around this by clearing the Spreadsheet Formula field, but I have to do this every time I regenerate the table structure.

If I use a simpler array formula there is no problem.

Edit: I realize this has come up before but now that Google has acquired AppSheet, perhaps the AppSheet folks can drive a proper fix to the issue? Thanks!

===

=arrayformula(ifs(row(E:E)=1,โ€œorderq2โ€,ne(E:E,""),HYPERLINK("โ€ฆwww.amazon.com/gp/css/summary/print.html?orderID=" & E:E, E:E),left(R:R,9)="{"โ€œamazonโ€"",hyperlink("โ€ฆwww.amazon.com/gp/css/summary/print.html?orderID=" & REGEXEXTRACT(R:R,"\d{3}-\d{7}-\d{7}"),REGEXEXTRACT(R:R,"\d{3}-\d{7}-\d{7}")),true,""))

1 2 262
2 REPLIES 2

@Ted_Romer
I have run into ths problem also and have to manually clear it out. I dont remember having this problem last year but it turned up in an app I only use for one month every year.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheetโ€™s support for spreadsheet formulas is limited. I am unaware of any intent to enhance it.

Top Labels in this Space