Rows of Data Refuse to Show

Really strange one that's left me scratching my head.

I have a bunch of rows in a table that AppSheet refuses to acknowledge exist.

I noticed this and thought maybe it was related to my slice, so I changed it, and realised that when I viewed the data, the rows were just missing. Like 1, 2, 3, (where's my data?!) 18, 19, 20 and so on.

So I moved the rows to another place in the table. Same strange behaviour, it just pretends they're not there. 

What's different about these rows? They have a different [Status] value, "Active" "Inactive" and so on. So I changed their status, they still don't show up?

There's no advanced sync settings enabled on my data yet, so it can't be that.

Any ideas?

Solved Solved
0 1 74
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fun fact: There's a reason AppSheet needs unique keys for each row. If you happen to have a duplicate, AppSheet doesn't fail to load, your data just disappears!

Joking aside: My issue was caused by an accidental duplicate key, causing the App to not know what to do with the data. Either fix the duplication, change the key column, or use a computed key to fix.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Fun fact: There's a reason AppSheet needs unique keys for each row. If you happen to have a duplicate, AppSheet doesn't fail to load, your data just disappears!

Joking aside: My issue was caused by an accidental duplicate key, causing the App to not know what to do with the data. Either fix the duplication, change the key column, or use a computed key to fix.

Top Labels in this Space