SHOWIF() or Other Options to Control Visibility of a Column Based on Value of Another?

English is not my gift, so let me try to form my query properly.

Let's say i have columns A and B. Column A is a yes/know data type and column B is a ref that creates a dropdown list.

I would like for column B to only be visible if column A is true, or yes.

I was reading about SHOWIF() but I think I may not be understanding the proper use of this. I know that a SHOW IF option exists in the Views parameters, but I see there is also a SHOWIF() function/expression that is available. 

What is the proper use case for the SHOWIF() expression, and where would I form my expression in this context? Can i place a SHOWIF() expression somewhere in the Columns properties so that it is only visible if the other value is true?

Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 3 5,691
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

There is no SHOWIF() statement in AppSheet to my knowledge. However, there is a “Show?” field in every column in Data, NOT in the views. 

The way to use the “Show?” is to write an expression that returns a Yes/No value upon which the column will be Shown/Hidden respectively. 

Hence, in your example you’ll just need to put the following expression in the Show? Field for Column B: 

[Column A]

View solution in original post

For this, you can properly set expression in "Show?" param of Column_B definision
Exmpl
Screenshot_20220216_232832.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

There is no SHOWIF() statement in AppSheet to my knowledge. However, there is a “Show?” field in every column in Data, NOT in the views. 

The way to use the “Show?” is to write an expression that returns a Yes/No value upon which the column will be Shown/Hidden respectively. 

Hence, in your example you’ll just need to put the following expression in the Show? Field for Column B: 

[Column A]

For this, you can properly set expression in "Show?" param of Column_B definision
Exmpl
Screenshot_20220216_232832.png

@Joseph_Seddik and @bonameblisto  thank you both.

I overlooked that field because all that was showing was a check mark, I didn't see the icon to the right to reveal the expression option!

Top Labels in this Space