Same value from other previous column

Hello,

I have the table Country with column โ€œPlease select a Countryโ€ question.
I have the table City with column โ€œPlease select a a Countryโ€ that I would like to be an automated initial value with the answer from the previous question.

I canโ€™t find the expression to just recover this automatically as an initial valueโ€ฆ

Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot !

N.

0 15 460
15 REPLIES 15

Hi Lynn,

Thanks, but the fact is that this is not going to be a dependent dropdown neither a REF structure - but instead, just an auto โ€œcopy-pasteโ€ text value of the previous question that I want to appear as the initial value.

Ok, sorry I misunderstood your question. Did you try =[Previous column] ?

I have tried in the table City in column โ€œPlease select a Countryโ€ :

the initial value =COUNTRY[Please select a Country] but nothing was recovered.

Also tried :

the initial value =[Please select a Country] but nothing happened.

I tried changing name of the second column so it doesnโ€™t clash with the first one when researching the corresponding column but again nothing happened. I feel like itโ€™s a very simple expression but cannot find it

Are you looking up values from two different tables? Maybe you need LOOKUP. Its late here I have to go. Someone else may be able to help you.

• So I have one source data sheet which contains the following columns :

MARKET | COUNTRY | CITY

• And I have three different tables for the above ones.

The app linked COUNTRY to MARKET automatically but doesnโ€™t want to retrieve the Cities for the Country selected - even tho the REF is done exactly the same way as for COUNTRY and MARKET.

So I had to find another solution to bypass this issue - which would be to only have the CITY appear that correspond to the Copy-Paste text result from the previous values selected.

No worries thanks a lot anyways for your time !

Have a nice evening,

N.

Iโ€™ll do more research on the Lookup expression in the meantime hopefully this will result in something that works

So in the end here it would be more a :

depended dropdown from a different table

So I have the followings :

Data table : Localization
Row 1 : Market
Row 2 : Country
Row 3 City

In the City table, the idea would be to have a dependent dropdown from the table Country where appropriate countries are selected.

So for now I went for :
SELECT(Localization[CITY],[COUNTRY] = [_THISROW].[COUNTRY REQUESTS[Please select a country within your market]])

But cannot locate it.

Anyone who can help me on this ? ^.^โ€™

Whatโ€™s you column structure/table schema?

Data Table

Name : Localization
Columns : MARKET / COUNTRY / CITY

On Appsheet, we have

Table 1 - General information : Market + Country dependent dropdown works fine.
Table 2 - City details : City must be a dropdown from the Country selected in Table 1.

I hope this can help

COUNTRY REQUESTS[Please select a country within your market] is this a column name?

Yep it is but in the Country table which is a depended dropdown from the Market which works.

So the the expression I am trying to find is to link the City to the Country (column โ€œPlease select a country within your marketโ€)

So whatโ€™s the COUNTRY REQUESTS part in front of the column name?

Sorry maybe I was not clear enough so to clarify :

DATA TABLE :
TABLE NAME : Localization
COLUMS : MARKET / COUNTRY / CITY

APPSHEET TABLES :
Table 1 : COUNTRY REQUEST
Table 2 : CITY REQUEST

• In COUNTRY REQUEST we can select the MARKET and COUNTRY which is dependent dropdown from MARKET (when asked โ€œPlease select a country within your marketโ€)

• In CITY REQUEST I would like to have a dependent dropdown from the country selection in the table COUNTRY REQUEST.

The issue here is that I cannot find the expression to have a dependent dropdown in a column included in CITY REQUEST depending on the selection made in the table COUNTRY REQUEST when filling in the "โ€œPlease select a country within your marketโ€ which is fed by COUNTRY in the Localization data table.

@nedim.b
Sorry but Iโ€™m totally confused. Can you post scrshots from your table schema so that I can see the column structure? And please specify your Valid_if expressions for Market and Country columns as well.

Top Labels in this Space