Satellite Basemap on PDF report workflow

I have a workflow that creates a PDF report from a Word document template. The template include a location map based on user input lat/lon. The report’s map always prints with a streets basemap layer but I would like to print with the satellite basemap instead. Is there a way to do this? This happens regardless of the basemap the user sees when they are in the app.

0 5 433
5 REPLIES 5

@sloganuga
In your Map type UX view you have an option:

This is on a exported pdf, not in the the app. The exported field <> is based on a user recorded lat/lon field, there is no map ux in this app.

Following up on this. Looking at the Word document template’s html, I do not see a way to specify for the resulting map to have a specific base map type. Any ideas if this can exported with the sat basemap? Again, this is simply coming from a template with the field <> which is a latlon field.

Hi Stephen,

The format rules control how information is displayed in the PDF attachment.

For example, the “Workflow Template Format” “Image format” rule allows you to specify the image size as “large”, “medium”, “small”, “tiny” or “text”.

Unfortunately, we do not currently provide a way for you to define a “Map Type” formatting rule.
That seems like the best way to support what you are trying to achieve.

Having said that, I am not sure how soon we could add that feature.

Thanks for the follow-up. Agree the “Image format” area would be a good spot to have this.

As long as this could be put in the queue as a possible feature down the road that would be great.

Top Labels in this Space