Say I want to add the option "Other" in a dro...

Say I want to add the option โ€œOtherโ€ in a dropdown menu with a bunch of other options for someone to click on. However, when they actually do click โ€œOtherโ€, they are able to actually type in their own option to fill in the entry for that column?

0 5 385
5 REPLIES 5

This functionality is already available; in an Enum or EnumList column type you could set AllowOtherValues property to true, and then it will allow entering other values without the need to click on โ€œOtherโ€.

Okay, that makes sense and thatโ€™s what I did, but one more thing: If I were to put an option that is not in the dropdown menu(Iโ€™ll use the word โ€œtestโ€ in this example) in this example, then afterwards, โ€œtestโ€ will be an option that keeps showing up along with the list in the dropdown menu whenever i submit a new entry. But if someone else were to write โ€œtestโ€, i want him/her to write it again fully rather than look at the dropdown menu. We have 50+ people using this particular app, so Iโ€™m trying to prevent the dropdown menu from getting too messy quickly, if that makes sense? Is there an option for that?

Set the other option โ€œAuto-complete other valuesโ€ as OFF and then it wonโ€™t read those existing values from that column.

Thank you both, @Aleksi_Alkio and @RezaRaoofi! It now works the way I needed it too!

Excellent!

Top Labels in this Space