Scheduled Workflow

Hi, Iโ€™m making a game out of my App and I have a method of making creatures spawn randomly with a behavior that I could trigger with a workflow. Ideally I would like this to happen automatically every day at say, 3 am. I see I can set a report to run every day at a time and I can trigger a workflow whenever data changes, but how could I get a report to trigger a workflow or how can I get a workflow to trigger on a schedule? Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 4 190
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

A scheduled report can perform an action (which itself can the perform a set of actions). What is you need to do that you think you can only do with a workflow?

Iโ€™m trying to have my game world automatically โ€œpopulateโ€ creatures to hunt. To do this, whenever I add a row to my โ€œCreatures in the worldโ€ table, I have it set to automatically randomly fill out the information for that creature. But now Iโ€™m looking for someway for the app to generate those rows automatically too. For it to be able to โ€œgenerate 5 new creatures (new rows) every 24 hoursโ€.

When Iโ€™m making a workflow, I can see the option to trigger a โ€œChange Dataโ€ where I can create a behavior. The problem is that I donโ€™t know how to trigger a workflow based only on time of day and not with any human input. I see how to make a report based on time of day but there is no option to โ€œChange Dataโ€ where I can set a behavior to happen.

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much!

Top Labels in this Space