Scrolling in Columns

In a browser, on Appsheet.com, when scrolling through Data, Columns, the scroll is extremely jerky and not at all smooth. Is there a way that this performance can be improved? A lot of my Tables have about 100 columns and it is extremely frustrating trying to scroll to where I need to be.

0 4 521
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

Is it possible that you have lot of calcualtions with the view like format rules, images etc.?

I’m talking about in the interface for building apps, not in the emulator.

My gut reaction to your problem is that your computer may not be sufficient to handle an app definition of that size. Perhaps you’re low on memory? Or have other applications running that occupy the CPU?

Steve, I understand why you would think that, but I’m running a smoking CAD machine that easily handles this situation. For the last two days I’ve only had 4-6 browsers windows open, and not other applications.
I have no lag with any other programs or websites, it is strictly with scrolling inside the Columns window of appsheet.
Even in my small personal/test apps, I have to be VERY gentle and slow when I start scrolling, and can then barely increase the speed that I want to scroll. I don’t see any reason this window shouldn’t be able to scroll at the same speed as any other webpage I’m on.
Maybe there is something about the way this page is built that limits it? I’m not a web designer, so I have no idea.

This isn’t a major issue or anything like that, just pretty annoying.

Top Labels in this Space