Security Filter based on reference List

Hello there, 

I have been trying to find a solution to filter a table based on a referenced list containing user info. 

My Course Table, contains a ref table "Course Contents" that allows me to add a list of Learners to a Course entry, I am attempting to filter the table via security filter to only display courses where the Learner has been added on.

Learners (List) in Course Table:

Ismail_Ostrilsk_0-1676565807629.png

Course Contents i.e. Learners refrenced Learners in Courses

Ismail_Ostrilsk_1-1676565877037.png

Current User Slicer from Learners Table

Ismail_Ostrilsk_2-1676565928826.png

My attempts so far have been quite unsuccessful, the ultimate goal is to show only courses where the Learner i.e. current user is in the associated Course Contents (Learners List)

Attempt 1: 

Ismail_Ostrilsk_3-1676566096754.png

Attempt 2: 

Ismail_Ostrilsk_4-1676566138121.png

Any help would be most welcomed. 

Thanks, 

Ismail

Solved Solved
0 4 135
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Oh duh, that makes sense, you can't calculated the VC on a table before evaluating its security filters. But also, what a weird error message, why is it referring to _rownumber?

Here's another option:

IN(  [key-column] , SELECT( courseContents[course-id[] , in( [learner-id] , currentUser[learner-id] ) ) )

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

IN( ANY( Current_User[Learner_ID] ) , [Learners][Learner_ID] )

Hey Marc, 

Thanks for the quick response. It makes sense but its bringing back an error. 

Ismail_Ostrilsk_0-1676568156750.png

Oh duh, that makes sense, you can't calculated the VC on a table before evaluating its security filters. But also, what a weird error message, why is it referring to _rownumber?

Here's another option:

IN(  [key-column] , SELECT( courseContents[course-id[] , in( [learner-id] , currentUser[learner-id] ) ) )

Worked a charm! Thanks Marc 🙂 

Top Labels in this Space