Slice a data on a may be condition

Hi,

I wanted to check can I slice a data on a may be condition basically I have a data of around 50,000 items and the structure of name of data is "Catalogue Name/Fabric Name". So I wanted to know in search form if I type the name of catalogue can it filter and bring in data where in name of catalogue is similar to or contains in item name in main data?

So for example if I want to search for a catalogue "Norah" from my database based on above search it should slice data and bring in all rows of data in which item name contains the name "Norah".

Please let me know if possible?

0 2 85
2 REPLIES 2

Please take a look at the following sample app from the help article Get started by using the feature samples - AppSheet Help

, if it helps you.

Slice based on user input - AppSheet

The sample app has fixed filter options. You could have a text column wherein the user enters the search term and you could use that column in the slice expression, something like 

CONTAINS([ Catalogue Name/Fabric Name],  ANY(Filter[Text Column) ))

If you are only momentarily looking to find records with the search term, meaning you do not wish to use that filtered data further in say charts etc, then you could simply try the search functionality in the summary views.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1676617872804.png

Ok thank you will check it out.

Top Labels in this Space