Secutiry filter for action button

Hi! I looking for solution of displaying action button with security filter. I have 2 types of users, and one of them are not entilted to clicking on action button. Is any chance to show action button only if USEREMAIL is correct?

Solved Solved
0 7 218
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sure. Security filters filter out records that should not reach the user's device.  Please evaluate whether you are looking for security filters or merely disabling actions for certain users.

If you are looking for enabling actions only for certain users , you could use condition setting of the action pane in a manner such as 

IN (USEREMAIL(), LIST( abc@testaction.com, def@testaction.com, ghk@testaction.com)) 

where abc@testaction.com, def@testaction.com, ghk@testaction.com  are emails of users who should have action enabled.

Relevant articles

Security filters: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Actions: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Edit: Made minor changr to the suggseted expression.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

given the condition USEREMAIL()="abc" in the below field

jyothis_m_0-1663410634354.pngjyothis_m_1-1663410716941.png

Sure. Security filters filter out records that should not reach the user's device.  Please evaluate whether you are looking for security filters or merely disabling actions for certain users.

If you are looking for enabling actions only for certain users , you could use condition setting of the action pane in a manner such as 

IN (USEREMAIL(), LIST( abc@testaction.com, def@testaction.com, ghk@testaction.com)) 

where abc@testaction.com, def@testaction.com, ghk@testaction.com  are emails of users who should have action enabled.

Relevant articles

Security filters: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Edit: Made minor changr to the suggseted expression.

Where I must put this condition?

I was trying this condition before question in behaviour->action->(select action)->behaviour-(Only if this condition is true) but it's doesn't work.

Action Button.pngafter creating the action , create a condition under the action tab in Behaviour, where you can put up a condition to ensure only those users who meet these conditions can view the action button

unfortunately, after entering the condition here, the buttons are still visible to users outside the list. What I'm doing wrong?

Yes you care correct. It should be in ->action->(select action)->behaviour-(Only if this condition is true)

May we know what condition you have put and what error you are getting?

it's working now. I think it was delay in refresh new condition. After restart appsheet app mananger it's work fine! Thanks to you!

Top Labels in this Space