Seeking Ideas and Advice: Developing an AppSheet App with Automation for Frontline Workers

Hello, I am looking forward to solving the challenges faced by frontline workers, I'm eager to gather insights and suggestions from you all. Kindly share an industry or a use case.
The goal is to craft an AppSheet application integrated with automation scripts tailored specifically for the needs of FRONTLINE professionals. The initiative aims to streamline operations and address the challenges faced by those at the forefront of various industries. Your ideas and advice are invaluable in ensuring that this endeavour effectively addresses the unique requirements of frontline workers, ultimately making their jobs safer, more efficient, and more rewarding.
**(Something different from the templates present in Appsheet) (KINDLY avoid the Education industry, Retail industry, Healthcare Industry, Finance Industry, Retail Industry)**

Solved Solved
0 1 105
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This description of what you give is VERY broad.  It is hard to give you any specific advice without details of what processes you are hoping to build into an app.

I have been building apps in AppSheet for 7 years+ now and I will say that I have NOT yet found a process that I couldn't implement in AppSheet.  I have built Dialysis, Crop Services, Insurance, Inspection, Home Services and even Christian based apps amongst many others.  I have never needed to go off-platform to implement any of the automation functions.  AppSheet is a very flexible implementation platform capable of handling MOST anything you throw at it.  You can build, with compromise, very extensive custom features.

Concerning Data and Data Sources.  You can build apps using only Google Sheets - even with large amounts of data.  You have to pay special attention to HOW things are implemented, in large data set apps, with respect to data structure and usage of that structure, to ensure peak performance.   

If you are dealing with large data sets, say 75,000 total table rows and growing, or need to support many various businesses in a single app, I would advocate the usage of a database (not AppSheets' database for now).  Databases allow you to construct Security Filters that run on the database side to minimize the amount of data downloaded, further enhancing performance within these larger apps.  Database connectivity requires an Enterprise plan but also opens other tools for support and maintenance not in the Core Plan.

I hope this helps some.  If you can provide more details, I'd be happy to give more tailored advice.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

This description of what you give is VERY broad.  It is hard to give you any specific advice without details of what processes you are hoping to build into an app.

I have been building apps in AppSheet for 7 years+ now and I will say that I have NOT yet found a process that I couldn't implement in AppSheet.  I have built Dialysis, Crop Services, Insurance, Inspection, Home Services and even Christian based apps amongst many others.  I have never needed to go off-platform to implement any of the automation functions.  AppSheet is a very flexible implementation platform capable of handling MOST anything you throw at it.  You can build, with compromise, very extensive custom features.

Concerning Data and Data Sources.  You can build apps using only Google Sheets - even with large amounts of data.  You have to pay special attention to HOW things are implemented, in large data set apps, with respect to data structure and usage of that structure, to ensure peak performance.   

If you are dealing with large data sets, say 75,000 total table rows and growing, or need to support many various businesses in a single app, I would advocate the usage of a database (not AppSheets' database for now).  Databases allow you to construct Security Filters that run on the database side to minimize the amount of data downloaded, further enhancing performance within these larger apps.  Database connectivity requires an Enterprise plan but also opens other tools for support and maintenance not in the Core Plan.

I hope this helps some.  If you can provide more details, I'd be happy to give more tailored advice.

Top Labels in this Space