Select a View Name using an entry in a column

Hi all,
I am trying to use a behaviour action to view a different view in the app. For this, I want to use the LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW expression. In it, as the โ€œSome Table Nameโ€, I want to use a value which can be changed by the user. Is this possible? Like as in LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(โ€œKidney - Age Distributionโ€, [Station] = [_THISROW].[Station]), I want to change this โ€œKidney - Age Distributionโ€ in to some other view when the user selects that view name as a value from a list in an Enum type column. Is this doable?
The [Station] = [_THISROW].[Station] part does something similar, because for the [Station] column in the relevant table, user selects a value using a pull down Enum type menu. I was wondering whether that kind of a selection can be done for the View name as well.
Thanks.

0 5 441
5 REPLIES 5

As long as the View name is valid, it should work. Did you try it?

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW([View Name], [Station] = [_THISROW].[Station])

Thanks, but it says โ€œLINKTOFILTEREDVIEW has invalid inputsโ€ when I do that.

You have two alternatives here:

1. You can create more buttons with different view names to be opened. And set the visible condition on that.

2. You can add a virtual column on the same table which will return the โ€œView namesโ€(based on your row level conditions). Use the same column instead of static view name like โ€œKidney - Age Distributionโ€
    This is just like using a dash board to open different views.

Thanks. I think I have to opt for the 1st option. The second option isnโ€™t possible since all the views I want to get are chart views, and these chart views are based on different columns. Appreciate your help.

I think 2nd is also not a bad idea, it may take a bit more effort.

However you need to find the expression to show/ hide all those buttons based on the selected row. The same can be used for your Virtual column to pass the โ€œview nameโ€.
But It will be more clean without having more number of buttons and expressions on the buttons to show/hide.

Top Labels in this Space