Send recurring emails on a schedule

Weโ€™ve developed a simple app to track estimates that our sales reps write each day. We would like a function that would automatically email estimates a reminder or follow up if they havenโ€™t been sold or marked as lost. Has anyone been able to develop this tech?

Solved Solved
0 6 887
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I seem to have it working. I created a whole new Report as this one seemed to be referencing old info. Maybe corrupted?

I also noticed the name of my slice made a difference. At first my slice was named โ€œREPORT: Export Open Estimates for MailChimpโ€. Thatโ€™s when I pulled the info above from the audit log. It says there were 4 errors. I change the slice name to โ€œREPORT Export Open Estimates for MailChimpโ€. The audit log told me there were 2 errors. Finally, I changed the slice name to โ€œExport Open Estimates for MailChimpโ€ and everything appears to have worked.

Is there a way to have Appsheet notify me if there are errors without having to search through the audit log? I would like to have the reporting feature email each of our estimates that hasnโ€™t been sold on determined schedule, but checking the audit log daily to make sure it is working is cumbersome.

Thanks,
Eric

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Phillip,

I have set up a Slice to pull in the data I want and then created a Report to grab the data and email me a spreadsheet. The Report seems to work as I have put a notification in to let me know it has run. however, I donโ€™t receive an email with the spreadsheet. What am I missing?

Eric

What do you see in Audit History as described in this article https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961739-troubleshooting-workflow-emails

This is what Iโ€™m seeing. Looks like it is getting hung up on looking for the source data?

Properties:
{
โ€œAppIdโ€: โ€œ6d557947-ae12-4feb-8e00-b81954f53320โ€,
โ€œAppTemplateVersionโ€: โ€œ1.042477โ€,
โ€œRuleNameโ€: โ€œExport Estimates for Mail Chimpโ€,
โ€œEventTypeโ€: โ€œScheduledโ€,
โ€œInvokedByโ€: โ€œEditorRunButtonโ€,
โ€œServerNameโ€: โ€œprodu21ea00000Eโ€,
โ€œServerRegionโ€: โ€œEAST-USโ€,
โ€œIgnoreSecurityFiltersโ€: true,
โ€œEventMatchโ€: โ€œWorkflow event successfully matchedโ€,
โ€œConditionโ€: โ€œ=Trueโ€,
โ€œMatchesConditionโ€: โ€œTrueโ€,
โ€œActionNotPerformedโ€: โ€œ4 errors present.โ€,
โ€œActionResultsโ€: โ€œCreated 1 ActionResultsโ€,
โ€œAction Typeโ€: โ€œEmailโ€,
โ€œAction Nameโ€: โ€œExport Estimatesโ€,
โ€œErrorsโ€: โ€œError: Report โ€˜Export Estimates for Mail Chimpโ€™ action โ€˜Export Estimatesโ€™ Attachment template. Expression โ€˜Filter(Export Open Estimates for MailChimp, true)โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find table โ€˜Export Open Estimates for MailChimpโ€™. Error: Report โ€˜Export Estimates for Mail Chimpโ€™ action โ€˜Export Estimatesโ€™ Attachment template. Start expression โ€˜Filter(Export Open Estimates for MailChimp, true)โ€™ should generate a List of Ref values. Please verify that it generates a List and that the contents of the List are Ref values. Ref values should come from the โ€˜Keyโ€™ column of the referenced table. Error: Workflow rule: โ€˜Export Estimates for Mail Chimpโ€™ Action: โ€˜Export Estimatesโ€™ Template Type: โ€˜Bodyโ€™ template properties could not be obtained due to Accessing deleted file โ€˜Follow Up #1 - Open Estimates_BodyTemplate_20200213_221950.xlsxโ€™โ€ฆ Error: Workflow rule: โ€˜Export Estimates for Mail Chimpโ€™ Action: โ€˜Export Estimatesโ€™ Template Type: โ€˜Bodyโ€™ could not be read due to FileMimeType โ€˜โ€™ is unexpectedโ€ฆโ€,
โ€œEmailToโ€: โ€œesilver@fwc-fortworth.comโ€,
โ€œEmailCCโ€: โ€œโ€,
โ€œEmailBCCโ€: โ€œโ€,
โ€œEmailFromDisplayโ€: โ€œAppSheet Reports (Manual Execution)โ€,
โ€œEmailReplyToโ€: โ€œnoreply@appsheet.comโ€,
โ€œEmailPreHeaderโ€: โ€œScheduled rule โ€˜Export Estimates for Mail Chimpโ€™ for application โ€˜Field Estimatesโ€™ invoked at 2/18/2020 1:16:21 PMโ€,
โ€œEmailSubaccountโ€: null,
โ€œEmailSubjectโ€: โ€œScheduled rule โ€˜Export Estimates for Mail Chimpโ€™ for application โ€˜Field Estimatesโ€™ invoked at 2/18/2020 1:16:21 PMโ€,
โ€œEmailTitleโ€: โ€œScheduled rule โ€˜Export Estimates for Mail Chimpโ€™ for application โ€˜Field Estimatesโ€™ invoked at 2/18/2020 1:16:21 PMโ€,
โ€œEmailAttachmentโ€: โ€œName: โ€˜Open Estimates for Mail Chimp.xlsxโ€™ Archive: AttachAndArchive FileName: โ€˜Attachments/Open Estimates for Mail Chimp20200218_191621_206.xlsxโ€™ MIME Type: โ€˜application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheetโ€™ PageOrientation: โ€˜Portraitโ€™ PageSize: A4 AttachmentByteLength: 0 AttachmentTextLength: 0 PDFCount: 0โ€,
โ€œEmailOtherAttachmentsโ€: โ€œโ€,
โ€œAppTemplateNameโ€: โ€œFieldEstimate-129634โ€,
โ€œOperationโ€: โ€œWorkflow actionโ€,
โ€œResultโ€: โ€œFailureโ€
}

I seem to have it working. I created a whole new Report as this one seemed to be referencing old info. Maybe corrupted?

I also noticed the name of my slice made a difference. At first my slice was named โ€œREPORT: Export Open Estimates for MailChimpโ€. Thatโ€™s when I pulled the info above from the audit log. It says there were 4 errors. I change the slice name to โ€œREPORT Export Open Estimates for MailChimpโ€. The audit log told me there were 2 errors. Finally, I changed the slice name to โ€œExport Open Estimates for MailChimpโ€ and everything appears to have worked.

Is there a way to have Appsheet notify me if there are errors without having to search through the audit log? I would like to have the reporting feature email each of our estimates that hasnโ€™t been sold on determined schedule, but checking the audit log daily to make sure it is working is cumbersome.

Thanks,
Eric

See topic โ€œAutomatic Alert on Audit History Errorsโ€ in this article https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/975998-audit-history-log

Top Labels in this Space