Sequencing workflow actions

Is there a way to wait for all actions to complete in a workflow rule and then then complete the last action? In my scenario I have an email that will send after the other rules complete. I want the email to reference data created in the prior actions in the workflow.

Solved Solved
0 8 168
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I would guess the Related Timesheets virtual columnโ€™s value has not been updated. In my experience, the Related โ€ฆ virtual columns are kinda flaky, so I prefer to use explicit queries instead. In that <<Start>> tag, replace [Related Timesheets] with the REF_ROWS() expression from the App formula of the Related Timesheets column.

3X_9_6_9643f85e529e0e97d8a753e68e2ddfd64924e68e.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Workflow actions are performed in the order given, so itโ€™s really just a matter of ordering them as desired.

Thanks Steve, itโ€™s displaying all the associated records from the table, except for all of the records that were generated by the prior actions in the workflow

Please post a screenshot of your workflow configuration.

Sorry for the delay Steve,
Quick description: it adds monthly timesheets in an โ€œTimeSheetโ€ Table for employees when a new employee is created in an โ€œEmployeeโ€ table, depending on start dates and current dates, then emails employee and their supervisor to review the employee details and list the available timesheets. The second part doesnโ€™t work for any that are created in the prior part of the workflow, but if I delete an employee, who has existing timesheets and re add them the existing ones are listed fine.

Can you confirm the new rows are, in fact, being added to the other tables?

Please post a screenshot of the configuration of one of those rules, and of the action that rule invokes.

Hi Steve,

Yes the rows are being added with no issues and the email is sending fine.

Here is the action:

Here is the Log of the workflow that I run all looks as expected, they have triggered in the correct sequence and all before the email is sent.

Here is the extract from the google sheet email template. The section at the end, Employee Timesheets, only returns the pre-existing timesheets not the add ones

I would guess the Related Timesheets virtual columnโ€™s value has not been updated. In my experience, the Related โ€ฆ virtual columns are kinda flaky, so I prefer to use explicit queries instead. In that <<Start>> tag, replace [Related Timesheets] with the REF_ROWS() expression from the App formula of the Related Timesheets column.

3X_9_6_9643f85e529e0e97d8a753e68e2ddfd64924e68e.png

Thanks so much, that fixed it beautifully. I really appreciate the help, it would have taken me a long long time to come up with that fix.

Top Labels in this Space