Server Error - 502

Hi All, I have this error with appsheet editor, in all my accounts.

Fernando_Lopez1_1-1652292925495.png

Anyone else with the same problem?

@Steve 

Solved Solved
12 25 1,272
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Yes, now it's working. THANKS appsheet team

View solution in original post

We did see issue with Appsheet Server reachability during our regular release window. We tried to immediately rollback but our rollback took longer than expected. We are back online now.

Impact:

AppSheet.com was down for approximately 55 minutes (11:10am PT - 12:05pm PT). The timeline will be clearly established as part of the postmortem.

Root Cause:

A build to process event messages occurred from 2022-05-02 through today. Today a change rolled out that began processing those messages. The pub/sub subscription is a push subscription and the endpoint does not have any back pressure. The service hit 600 messages/second and tipped over. 

Rollback Issue:

We rolled back shortly after the issue was noticed, however the rollback took longer than expected to to a separate issue in the startup script for the application.

Mitigation

Both issues (root cause and rollback) have been identified. For the root cause, the queue has been purged, and a longer term fix is being looked at as part of the Postmortem. For the rollback issues a change has been released that resolves a potential race condition in server configuration due to Windows/IIS startup complexity.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Same issue here for all apps.

Same here.

Me too

I have the same problem. I think it is general

I have the same problem. 

yep, same problem

same here

Same.

Same problem.

Appsheet Support, Please fix as soon as possible!!

Same Problem

Same

Ditto. Looks like I am just starting to get back in though. 

Really sucks when the place you have to go to submit help tickets is also taken down by the outage. 

On a mobile device, the app displays the following error:

Screenshot_20220511-143310.png

Back up on my end.

Back up for me too.

Just checked and it's working again. Hallelujah!!!

We are good now

Yes, now it's working. THANKS appsheet team

AppSheet servers were timing out in Europe, North America, and Australia from 09:07:11am HDT to 09:36:32am HDT.   Appears resolved as of now for the above locations, still waiting for confirmation from a client in Iceland....

We did see issue with Appsheet Server reachability during our regular release window. We tried to immediately rollback but our rollback took longer than expected. We are back online now.

Impact:

AppSheet.com was down for approximately 55 minutes (11:10am PT - 12:05pm PT). The timeline will be clearly established as part of the postmortem.

Root Cause:

A build to process event messages occurred from 2022-05-02 through today. Today a change rolled out that began processing those messages. The pub/sub subscription is a push subscription and the endpoint does not have any back pressure. The service hit 600 messages/second and tipped over. 

Rollback Issue:

We rolled back shortly after the issue was noticed, however the rollback took longer than expected to to a separate issue in the startup script for the application.

Mitigation

Both issues (root cause and rollback) have been identified. For the root cause, the queue has been purged, and a longer term fix is being looked at as part of the Postmortem. For the rollback issues a change has been released that resolves a potential race condition in server configuration due to Windows/IIS startup complexity.

I've been having this error for the last 24hrs and have been having a panic attack, because I was finally almost able to use my app for the first time in years...now I can't even get any of the prior versions to load?

i don't know what to do or what else to try
any help is GREATLY appreciated!

TIA

Please contact AppSheet Support for help with this.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

@harsh-google  Can you please share the root cause for this or any link to where it is already posted?

Escalated.

Top Labels in this Space