Show_If expression for column and user settings...

Hi, I'm trying to filter a column, to get a result where "[Visible to]= usersettings(Name)", but whatever formula I try, SELECT(), CONTAINS(), FILTER() I always get the same result: Cannot appears List with Text in....
Where am I wrong?
Could anyone help me?

0 7 130
7 REPLIES 7

Not 100% sure what you are trying to do. But it sounds like you are looking for a formula to hide a column with the Show? option. The result of the formula needs to be TRUE or FALSE. Other than this, it's not clear from your explanation. Would you please elaborate it a little, thanks.

@AleksiAlkio 

Thanks for the reply,
Apologies for the lack of clarity, I'll try to explain better.
I have a table that contains messages and I would like these to be visible only to the users selected in the [Visible to] column so as not to have to create a table for each individual Name.
To do this I thought of going to the Messages column and in Show, insert the function that filters them based on the logged in user...

Are these [visible to] and [Messages] columns both in the same table,

Yes, they are

And what that [Visible to] column contains? User names or email addresses? Do you have Users table in your app?

Thank you for your patience and availability.
I created a users table with name and email;  The [Visible to] column is an EnumList with the Names present in the Users Table

IN(LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),Users,Email,Name),[Visible To]) should do the job.

Top Labels in this Space