Show If - multiple criteria

Mike_T

Looking to Show If a primary view only if two criteria are valid. I have a list of members emails (Member_ID) and dates they have signed up for something. Iโ€™m trying to show a โ€œCheckInโ€ form only if their email address is present on the schedule and the date in the same row is = Today.

My formula:
AND(Lookup(โ€œMember_IDโ€,โ€œCharter Schedulingโ€,โ€œMember Emailโ€,โ€œMember Emailโ€)=USEREMAIL(),Lookup(โ€œMember_IDโ€,โ€œCharter Schedulingโ€,โ€œMember Emailโ€,โ€œStart Dateโ€)=Today())

And the yellow error:
This formula is not evaluated in the context of a row, so column values are not available.

It allows the formula without red error but the view is not visible after sync. Thoughts?

0 4 3,007
4 REPLIES 4

Bahbus

You are currently searching for the text value of โ€œMember_IDโ€, which is clearly not what you are intending.

I donโ€™t understand enough about your data to suggest how to do what you want. Just that youโ€™re currently using LOOKUP wrong. If you tell us more about your tables and the columns and their types, we can help point you in a better direction.

As far as this goes:

It is merely warning you (and everyone else) that expressions in that section canโ€™t just refer to a [ColumnName] directly, because there is no row to associate with the column to get a value.

Let me start from the beginning. Iโ€™ve created a view that I only want to show if the USEREMAIL matches to a table with a list of member emails. The column containing the emails might have duplicates. So another data point I want to use is the date. So basically, if the useremail is found in the column AND the date in the next column of the same table is = todayโ€™s date, the user sees the view.

Iโ€™m going to look into Filter functionโ€ฆthis might be better logic.

Ah. Got it.
IN(USEREMAIL(), SELECT(Charter Scheduling[Member Email], TODAY()=[Start Date]))

Thanks! Yours is alot more elegant than this:
ISNOTBLANK(FILTER(
โ€œCharter Schedulingโ€,
AND(
ISNOTBLANK([Schedule_ID]),
([Member Email] = USEREMAIL()),
([Start Date] = TODAY())
)
))

It works but Iโ€™ll try your solution! Thanks again!

Top Labels in this Space