Show To Do List Items Based on Conditions

Hi All,

I have a data table that holds a To Do List. Each item in the to do list has a condition type for when the item should be shown (i.e. Item A is applied on every business day). I need to connect this To Do List data set to a calendar that I have in an interactive dashboard so whenever I click on a day it pulls up the correct To Do List items. For example, if I click on today (12/7/2020) the To Do List will include only the items that are โ€œEvery Business Dayโ€ items because today is Monday and a business day.

Once the correct To Do List items are shown, I want to be able to edit the list and check off the items that are needed for that specific day. This will all take place within an interactive dashboard.

Appreciate the help, thanks.

0 1 257
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Kyle_Billingsley

Thereโ€™s no real โ€œeasyโ€ way to accomplish what youโ€™re wanting here, though it is entirely possible to create this sort of functionality.

The main difficulty youโ€™ll find is that thereโ€™s no simple way to show things like youโ€™re wanting, and describing how to establish this functionality is a bit beyond a community post.

In short:

• Youโ€™d need some sort of list on the table youโ€™re selecting records for (in your interactive dashboard), that contains all the โ€œpending itemsโ€
    • Establishing that list would require some sort of advanced SELECT() formula
  • Youโ€™d need to then use a list-dereference and list math to remove the items that have already been created from this list of things left to do.

Thereโ€™s a lot involved; hopefully this gets you started.

Top Labels in this Space