Show column if another column is Yes

So I have a column that is last use, yes or no.  I want to only show the  last use yes or no question if product used column contains "HL-"  

For reference, product used column will have 2 types of entries: HL-some text - some other text,

and "Some Text - Some other text"

I tried  contains(table[Product Used], "HL-") and it doesn't return true.

Solved Solved
0 9 419
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

9 REPLIES 9

I'm sorry, I may not be using what you sent correctly, but this didn't seem to be what I am needing.  Basically I need to hide the last use question unless product used starts with "HL-"
The text after "HL-" will be different for each row.

STARTSWITH() | AppSheet Help Center

STARTSWITH([TheColumn], "HL-")

This would be the correct answer, however it isn't working for me because the "HL-Text" is actually reference to another column in another table that is a label and not a key, so the value in the spreadsheet is actually the uniquid column.

Any Ideas what to do for that scenario?  

We have no idea if you don't give the info.

There won't be a one-size-fits-all solution.

Please provide info about your tables, where is the data you want in relationship with the column that will have the show_if and more

Okay, Here is the table structure

Table 1 : Product Inventory

Table 1 Columns: Key Column (ID with value as UNIQUEID()

: Label Column (SKU)

Table 2: Use Log

Table 2 Columns for this purpose

Column: Product Used

Column: Last Use (This is the one to be show if)

So I need Last use question to show if Product used equals ID (Table 1 Column 1) where SKU (Table 1 Column 2) starts with "HL-"

You probably need to dereference to get to the label of the referenced table and the check that for starts with

STARTSWITH([TheColumn].[ReferenceLabel], "HL-")

dang, I need the reference in place.  I would use the SKU as the key, but if I do that it makes the details of the product where you can't edit them after adding because the SKU is built with a concatenate formula

I'm not sure I see the problem, just put the reference in place between your [Product Used] column in Table 2 and Table 1, then everything should work fine.

STARTSWITH([Product Used].[SKU], "HL-")

Top Labels in this Space