Show column only on its referenced mother table

Hi guys, 

I have : 

Table 1

Table 2

Table 3

Table 4 named "Files"

Table 4 I have columns, each column reference to key of Table 1, Table2, Table 3 respectively 

So how to when I open the Table 1_Detail view, it's only show column that referenced to the Table 1 on  Related Table 4 view ? 

Solved Solved
0 5 73
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you. I think you may not be able to hide those columns selectively in different views. I think you are trying to create a multiple parents to one child  relationship. Many to one.

You could hide those columns [Supplier ID], [Style ID] etc. in respective detail and form views of the File table but I believe you may not be able to do so in table view.

in detail and form views you could have show_if as 

AND(OR(CONTEXT("View")="File table Form View Name", CONTEXT("View")="File table Detail View Name"), ISNOTBLANK([_THIS])) for the [Supplier ID], [Style ID] etc. columns in File table.

You may also want to change the name of File table to something like ProjectFiles or whatever suitable name because having only File name could be an issue because in AppSheet there is also a File column type.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Somehow your question is not clear. Could you elaborate your question in terms of table relationships and what exactly you are looking for?

Sorry for not letting you know enough data

- I have a table name "FILE" with many columns being referenced to other tables

+ [DOCUMENT ID] column referenced to "DOCUMEN" table

+ [SUPPLIER ID] column referenced to "SUPPLIER" table

and so on....

kvngo94_0-1650440119379.png

- Below is when I am in "SUPPLIER_detail" view 

kvngo94_1-1650440274088.png

I don't want it show all the columns option in form view, I only need it show the SUPPLIER ID option only 

kvngo94_2-1650440334983.png

And when I created a file, I don't want it show all the column in Related FILEs view below, I want it to show only the SUPPLIER ID column

kvngo94_3-1650440373500.png

I did solve by creating each FILE table for each Table, but now I am gathering all the information at once, avoid creating too many tables, but I don't know how to let it show specifically column when in specific views only

Sorry for if my English is not good 

Hi @kvngo94 ,

Never mind about English. We are a global community and we all have different native languages. As long as we understand the requirement , that is good.

Could you mention if you will be opening the file form always from other tables' detail views?

Yes, I will be opening the file form always from other tables' detail views ( I will open from SUPPLIER_detail view, DOCUMENT_detail view....). I don't open form from the FILE_detail view

But could I know why you are asking this because seems that they show the same form 

Thank you. I think you may not be able to hide those columns selectively in different views. I think you are trying to create a multiple parents to one child  relationship. Many to one.

You could hide those columns [Supplier ID], [Style ID] etc. in respective detail and form views of the File table but I believe you may not be able to do so in table view.

in detail and form views you could have show_if as 

AND(OR(CONTEXT("View")="File table Form View Name", CONTEXT("View")="File table Detail View Name"), ISNOTBLANK([_THIS])) for the [Supplier ID], [Style ID] etc. columns in File table.

You may also want to change the name of File table to something like ProjectFiles or whatever suitable name because having only File name could be an issue because in AppSheet there is also a File column type.

Top Labels in this Space