Show if in View from Settings View

Hi Team,

I have an App which use the UserSetting table to set some fields

GSuite_Omar_Poc_0-1645645901045.png

It has defined the view "Menu Princ" to go after press "Save" button

GSuite_Omar_Poc_1-1645645975039.png

This View "menu Princ" has into its Show if

GSuite_Omar_Poc_2-1645646709198.png

But although I set  USERSETTINGS(" Equipos") as "Cooling" the view Menu Princ is showed aster press save.

The App only shows the "Menu Princ" button if the USERSETTINGS("Equipos") is "Todos". That is correct. !

I there a way to get a beihavour as If i want go to view that is disabled, I can show other view ?

Thank in advance

Omar

1 4 194
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

The fact that some views shouldn't be shown under certain conditions doesn't mean they are not there as far as I know.

This means that if you tell AppSheet to navigate to a view, it should go there no matter what.

The conditional navigation is something we do with actions but I don't know about other way and the Settings view doesn't allow it.

Thank you @SkrOYC  for your answer, but there is some that is not good.

I understand that the option to no show a view may be do with actions. Add to this ot is not possible from setting view.

As you say, the view are there. Yes ! but if the condition to be showed is not true, the app can show an error or an empty screen.

For this the option 

Show if - Optional yes/no formula to decide whether this view should be shown

Must to say

Show the button for access if  -> Optional yes/no formula to decide whether the button for acces this view should be shown.

By the way, I think that can be usefull that the views have events kinds "OnShow" or "OnActivate" to assing Actions to run on them.

Thanks a lot !!!

Omar

This may be a bug rather than an intended behavior..

Yes, I understand. I think that Settings should allow Actions on save instead of view on save

Top Labels in this Space