Show lyrics of a song

I have a text file in my drive that contains the lyrics of a song. How do I show the contents in a view?

Solved Solved
0 1 184
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don’t think we have the capability to extract text from a file and visualize it in AppSheet. We can open a file in a viewer and i presume we could copy and paste that text in the app.

There are ways to accomplish the text copy outside of AppSheet and place it into a sheet read by an AppSheet app.

For example, using Integromat, I am fairly certain you can set up a file watcher. When a file is added to some watched location, you could open the file, extract contents and then copy the text into a sheet the AppSheet app reads from.

Then there is always Google Scripts.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I don’t think we have the capability to extract text from a file and visualize it in AppSheet. We can open a file in a viewer and i presume we could copy and paste that text in the app.

There are ways to accomplish the text copy outside of AppSheet and place it into a sheet read by an AppSheet app.

For example, using Integromat, I am fairly certain you can set up a file watcher. When a file is added to some watched location, you could open the file, extract contents and then copy the text into a sheet the AppSheet app reads from.

Then there is always Google Scripts.

Top Labels in this Space