Signature Background Image

Hi, I’m trying to create a field where users can sign a waiver. In the appsheet resources https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961598-capturing-signatures-and-drawings it says that I can set the initial value of this field to get a background image to sign, but I can’t seem to sign on it without it disappearing. If the column is set to Drawing it works fine but this makes the signature very large and distorted. Is there any way to either change the way the Drawing marks the image or to let Signature alter an initial image?

0 4 321
4 REPLIES 4

The initial value of a signature type column can only be a signature image AFAIK. There is no background image for columns, only one for the entire App.

Hmm, the documentation I linked said that you should be able to do this. I’ve been playing around with this and like I said, I can make it work if it’s a drawing column type but not signature. Maybe this could be a feature request because the ability to place a signature on a document would be ideal!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

See this thread:

Okay, so it just doesn’t work with a signature field? Has this been requested as a feature in the future? The ability to put a signature on a waiver for instance would be very valuable. The Drawing “Pen” is too thick to do this effectively. Is there a way to change that?

Top Labels in this Space