Signature on Workflow report

Romain

Hi community,
I have an inspection workflow rule which generate a report when an inspection is finished.
The workflow condition is AND([Status]=โ€œClosedโ€, [Signature]<>"")
This works correctly but the report is generated with a blank instead of the image of the Signature.

If I force a 2nd time, the image of the signature is on the reportโ€ฆ

Is there any problem of delay because it is an Image
Here below the 2 results

When the normal Workflow send the report
2X_b_bab3d52d7570368d8317cba8d2e060184f80644c.jpeg

When I force a 2nd time
2X_4_4616aeac4edef410650c1dbf16c5b15ef1280e58.jpeg

Solved Solved
0 12 840
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It sounds that your workflow is triggered when you update the record with the Status change. At that point you donโ€™t have the signature yet. Try to add a condition rule likeโ€ฆ
AND(
ISNOTBLANK([Signature]),
[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Signature]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Signature]
)

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Is it possible that these signatures are coming from a child record and you trigger the Workflow from parent record?

Hi @Aleksi
Actually not.
It works like this :
I have a table Convocation and another one called remarks
All remarks are child records of convocations.
When a convocation is finished, I have a action button which set [Status] =Close and open a form to add a signature on the Convocation row.
When form is saved the workflow is executed because all conditions are true (AND([Status]=โ€œClosedโ€, [Signature]<>""))

In the report I have data from Convocation (Date/Location/Name/Signature) and from the table remarks with a start expression to display all remarks concerned by the Convocation.

Everything works well exepted the signature which not appears. The Signature appears on the report if I click a second time on the action button
All data are on GoogleDrive

When I synchronize the app and have a look on GoogleSheet, I see there is a little delay on column Signature (Status appear Closed then after Signature is filled). Is this cause this problem on report? I donโ€™t think because the workflow is executed even if I donโ€™t click on he Sync Button.

It sounds that your workflow is triggered when you update the record with the Status change. At that point you donโ€™t have the signature yet. Try to add a condition rule likeโ€ฆ
AND(
ISNOTBLANK([Signature]),
[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Signature]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Signature]
)

@Aleksi
It Works perectly, Thanks!
I still not understand why the report is triggered with the previous condition when status changed without Signature but your solution is working.
Thanks !!

Hi, can you help. Sometimes I see only the signature link and not the picture, see screen shotโ€ฆ!
Hope you can helpโ€ฆ3X_1_4_14859fae3eacf932fc10c6a0fa8c0cf65c97debf.png

There are ongoing problems with image inclusion in PDFs. Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

If the Signature field is blank, this part [Signature]<>"" is actually TRUE. This is a special case where the evaluation is like blank <> blank which is always TRUE.

@Aleksi
ok, now I understood the diffecence between <>"" and ISNOTBLANK().
Improving every day
Thanks for feed back!

This topic is helpful. Could you clarify why [Signature]<>"" is actually TRUE. I see you say itโ€™s a special case โ€œwhere the evaluation is like blank <> blankโ€. Iโ€™m not sure I understand the difference Is it simply that โ€œโ€ is looking for an empty string which is <> (not equal) to an empty image / signature file?

The = and <> operators have a quirk: if the left-side operand is a blank value, the value of right-side operand is ignored entirely and the expression evaluates as TRUE.

Thank you. I love this community. The quality of the support on here - and the speed with which it is delivered - is unrivalled. Thank you!

Youโ€™re welcome

Top Labels in this Space