Skip inline table and go directly to filtered table

Hello, actually what I would like to do is the following.

I have a Deck type view where my projects are, I have created a detail view called "Related Jobs". When I touch on the Project that I need, it sends me to related jobs, which is a table with the jobs of this project.

As expected, this shows me an inline table, and two buttons appear below

See
Add

If I touch see it sends me to the inline table already filtered with the works of that project, however I would like to skip this step and not see the inline table but rather see the final table, but filtered.

Is this possible? What formula should I use? Where do I put it?

I appreciate your answers.

Solved Solved
1 14 135
  • UX
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Much simpler:

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW( "xxx_inline" , [ref-column] = [_THISROW] )

View solution in original post

You should be using โ€˜VIEWโ€™ name. That is โ€˜Jobs_Inlineโ€™ in LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() it was done wrong. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Hi Rifad, I have an action configured as LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() and it works, but it first goes through the inline table with the maximum 3 or 4 records that the detail view allows, however I would like to go directly to the table that contains all the records.

You should use LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() for your Inline table. I dont think you are using LINKTOROW() right now to navigate to detail view because LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() will not work for navigating to detail view.

Are you using something like this now ?

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Your Inline table name", filter )

first I have created a Deck of projects and assigned a behavior action to it when touching a record sends me to the inline table of my works.

That behavior action is built for projects (go to another view within this app)

and in the expression I have placed LINKTOVIEW("Inline_Jobs")

Then I tried to do linktofilteredview but it doesn't work.

Try

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Inline View Name",
IN(
   [Inline Table ID],
   SELECT(Inline table name[Inline Table ID],
          [Project Key Column ID in Jobs table] = [_THISROW].[Project Key Column ID],
          )
    )
)

Perfect. I try but if it doesn't work I make an example and I give you access. Many thanks!

@Rifad

I have created an example. Do you want me to give you access so that you can edit it and show me the solution through the example? If you said yes, give me any email to share you

I would appreciate it. Regards.

Hi Rifad! I have already shared the example App.

The idea is that, being in the Project Deck view, when touching a record, it takes us directly to a job table view, but that the jobs that are seen in said view are not all but the jobs filtered according to the project that we previously selected. Thanks!

You should be using โ€˜VIEWโ€™ name. That is โ€˜Jobs_Inlineโ€™ in LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() it was done wrong. 

If I'm not mistaken, you already solved my problem and I thank you enormously! @Rifad it's true?

Same thing I have to thank @Marc_Dillon  for taking care of my post! Great both!

Much simpler:

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW( "xxx_inline" , [ref-column] = [_THISROW] )

Not sure if that works. Never tried.

Yo acabo de probar y funciona perfecto, de hecho va directo a la tabla no pasa por vista de detalle. Voy a volver a probar para asegurarme pero creo que solucionaste. 

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Jobs_Inline",[_Thisrow] = [Project])

Confirmed! solved

Top Labels in this Space