Slice Filter Expression Help

Hey Appsheet community!
Iโ€™m attempting to create a slice that filters out rows to only include a specific โ€œDate.โ€

Setup:
2 Tables.
Table 1: Titled Meeting_Topics (Key = Topic name, has a column titled โ€œdatesโ€ that has a list of dates inside of it. (i.e. โ€œ2/23/2020 12:00:00 AM,2/24/2020 12:00:00 AMโ€))

Table 2: Is a form that references Table 1 as an enum.

Goal: Create a slice to filter to only show the โ€œtopic nameโ€ that contains todayโ€™s date in the โ€œDateโ€ Column.

Current setup that doesnโ€™t work: in the Slice Row filter condition, i have, โ€œCONTAINS([Date], Today())โ€ .

When I test it, it has a โ€œYโ€ next to the correct topics. But when I look at the slice as a Table view or as a reference in the table 2 form, it shows up as blank.

Thanks for your help!

0 10 621
10 REPLIES 10

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What does that mean?

Perhaps IN(DATETIME(TODAY()), SPLIT([Date], ","))?

What does that mean?

Sorry for the confusion.
What I meant to say that I am using table 2 as a form. One of the columns in that form is referencing table 1. That column is as an โ€œenumโ€ type.

That Expression works the same way as the other one I tried. When tested, it gives a โ€œYโ€ next to the correct Meeting Topic, but when in I view it as a table view, nothing shows up.

I meant to say that in the table 2 form that has a column that references Table 1, it doesnโ€™t show any results. This column is โ€œenumโ€ type.

Thanks for your help Steve!

I think some screenshots might help. Please post screenshots of:

1. The Type Detail section of the Enum column in table 2.

2. The slice configuration.

3. The configuration of the table view that uses the slice.

Does this help?

Hmmโ€ฆ Nothing looks amiss. How about a screenshot of the table view in the app that doesnโ€™t show what you want?

But here is what shows up in the Slice Expression Editor when I hit โ€œTestโ€

This going to require a bit more digging, it appears. I recommend you engage support@appsheet.com directly, as theyโ€™ll be able to access your app directly, which will make troubleshooting a lot quicker.

Bummer. Alright. Thank you Steve!

Bahbus

Out of curiosity, do you need to be using DateTime values in the Dates column? It might be easier to solve without the time values altogether. I mean, either way, this is probably a bug that needs fixing.

I tried without the dates, but I wanted to use the โ€œToday()โ€ expressions (or syntax? idk lol) and it outputted a time โ€œ12:00:00 AMโ€ and in the expression tester, it wouldnโ€™t match unless I also put the time in the column. Am I doing something wrong? Because from what I read, the โ€œToday()โ€ isnโ€™t supposed to spit out a time. Thanks for your help!

Top Labels in this Space