Update Parent Status based on Related children Status

HI,

I have an parent Table Quote and it has child table "Job Order" so basically based on products in Quote table we create multiple related job orders (one to many relation) and I want once the job order related to a single quote are mark complete I want status of that particular quote to change to "ready to bill".

Is there any way this can be achieved?

Solved Solved
0 2 137
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You could use reference actions if you wish to use a real column to denote  "ready to bill". Please take a look at the below sample app mentioned in the article Get started by using the feature samples - AppSheet Help

Reference Actions - AppSheet

The sample app updates child table rows with the action on parent table you could of also update the reverse way (child table to the parent table)

If you can do with a virtual column, then your expression for the virtual column in the parent table could be something like 

IF( COUNT([Related job orders]) = COUNT(SELECT( [Related job orders][Job Order Status], [Job Order Status]="Complete")), "Ready to bill", "Jobs still under execution")

Where [Related job orders] is the reverse reference column in the parent table and [Job Order Status] is the status column in the "Job Order" table.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You could use reference actions if you wish to use a real column to denote  "ready to bill". Please take a look at the below sample app mentioned in the article Get started by using the feature samples - AppSheet Help

Reference Actions - AppSheet

The sample app updates child table rows with the action on parent table you could of also update the reverse way (child table to the parent table)

If you can do with a virtual column, then your expression for the virtual column in the parent table could be something like 

IF( COUNT([Related job orders]) = COUNT(SELECT( [Related job orders][Job Order Status], [Job Order Status]="Complete")), "Ready to bill", "Jobs still under execution")

Where [Related job orders] is the reverse reference column in the parent table and [Job Order Status] is the status column in the "Job Order" table.

Hi ,

This works thank you for the help

Top Labels in this Space