Slice data shows up as error

YONG

Hi all

first post as complete newbie to coding/little coding app building. I realise it started to shows up as error showing table when I clicked on โ€œnew dataโ€ for slices that I wanted to make since two days ago. Those that I made before seems to be ok. Can anyone else try it out and confirm this issue? maybe itโ€™s just me

the condition I input works well at โ€œtestโ€

Solved Solved
0 11 791
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After creating the slice, BEFORE clicking the โ€œView Dataโ€ button, did you SAVE the app?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to AppSheet! Can you post a screenshot of the issue? It might help us troubleshoot.

I have tried

generating a new sheet and [quote=โ€œYONG, post:1, topic:24116โ€]
e to coding/little coding app building. I realise it started to shows up as error showing table when I clicked on โ€œnew dataโ€ for slices that I wanted to make since two days ago. Those that I made before seems to be ok. Can anyone else try it out and confirm this issue? maybe itโ€™s just me

the condition I input works well at โ€œtestโ€
[/quote]

Just in case you didnโ€™t realise. I have posted some screenshots at the bottom. let me know if you need more.

Thanks
yong

Unfortunately, the screenshots you posted donโ€™t contain enough information to provide any insight to your problem. Are any errors displayed in the app editor? Perhaps in the Info >> Errors tab?

Hi Steve,nothing is shown in the info>>errors tab.

it went over my head too. I have tried creating a fresh new spreadsheet with a completely new gmail account, just to add new slice but same error came up.

yong

2X_a_a22ee1c1159b62eca7174dcd52ced4081cf9a921.jpeg

After creating the slice, BEFORE clicking the โ€œView Dataโ€ button, did you SAVE the app?

no i didnโ€™t. Problem solved. you are life saviour Heru. owe you big time

also i tried copying a sample app, then make a slice based on empty function, ended up with error as well when i tried to view data. Can you duplicate this error from your side?

the thing is when I canโ€™t view the data somehow the slice is not save, when I tried to put into UX, it doesnโ€™t filter anything. Affter I refresh the appsheet page the slice is gone

YONG

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I have attached some screenshots below. Any help is much appreciated

yong!

YONG

Test View

The test view you posted has a different column structure than the table view you posted. Are you pointing at the correct data source?

This is from the 2nd spreadsheet that I created with a new gmail account. Same result, test view works fine whereas the โ€œview dataโ€ would give me error

thanks

Top Labels in this Space