Slices is not showing in config list

fbilac

Hello evebody,

Iโ€™m trying to create a new dashboard view in my App. I have some slices created and working.
But, when I create this view, the โ€œview entriesโ€ option donโ€™t list my slices.
What can I do?

Thanks!!!

Evidences

Solved Solved
0 11 161
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

3X_0_2_02407017dfce45ec354e36f57ace2f6d792a616d.png

As I said, Slices are not Views. That dropdown in your Dashboard is a selection of Views, not a selection of source data. You need to create the View from your Slice first, before you can select it from your Dashboard.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Slices are not Views.

After you create a Slice, you need to create a new View on that Slice.

Then you can add the new View to your Dashboard.

This problem occours when Iโ€™m trying to create this new view, like you said.
My slices donโ€™t listing like sources of data.

Shows a screenshot of your slice, and of your view with the slice not showing up in the dropdown.

Yah, Iโ€™m not downloading thatโ€ฆ

You can paste your screenshot directly in the post.

fbilac

Hey Francisco,

A screenshot we could take a look at and see within the forum would be awesome so we can see what you mean.

In the mean time, maybe this article will help a little.

Link: Slices: The Essentials | AppSheet Help Center

Have a good one!

fbilac

fbilac

3X_0_2_02407017dfce45ec354e36f57ace2f6d792a616d.png

As I said, Slices are not Views. That dropdown in your Dashboard is a selection of Views, not a selection of source data. You need to create the View from your Slice first, before you can select it from your Dashboard.

When you click โ€œNew Viewโ€ does it allow you to select the new slice as your data? If not, try saving it and then creating your new view. AppSheet may not have registered you created the new slice until you save.

Have a good one!

Top Labels in this Space