Spacing between rows in form

I am trying to figure out a way to eliminate much of the wasted โ€˜whiteโ€™ space between rows. I have done quite a bit of searching through this community and canโ€™t seem to find an answer. I did find the post where they put spacing between a header and the rows, but I am looking for a way to control the spacing between the rows. Any help is appreciated. Thank you! (this is my first post, I hope the image comes through)

1 9 705
9 REPLIES 9

Hi Paula!! Welcome to the AppSheet Community!!

That whitespace is pre-determined and cannot be adjusted.

Thanks, but that is truly disappointingโ€ฆso much wasted real estate!

Yes, I m with you, the Appsheet is currently not capable to customize the view in that way, custom CSS, HTML which App Maker or other competitors tools do have .

Appreciate if you create a feature request.

I m not saying to let the appsheet creator to add code to it to control view, but on the basis of โ€œin the appsheet wayโ€, i.e. NO-CODE.

There are times when I too wish for a more condensed screen. Please fee free to add a Feature Request. If it gets traction within the Community, it may just become a feature sooner rather than later.

In case you donโ€™t know, AppSheet is a relatively new company at only 5 yers old. It still has some growing to do and we developers can help drive that based on our needs through Feature Requests.

Thanks for the suggestionโ€ฆI will post that in Feature Requestsโ€ฆappreciate you all and this community!

I agree, so much wasted white space...

I posted a similar topic recently. I noticed that you are using side by side layout, I found that if I used no headers, I saved about 12 pixels per row. I was able to use icons or VCs with prefix values in one of my test apps but thatโ€™s not always viable

Its posible to use no headers in Form views?

Good Point. I quite often use detail views with quick edit fields and not the form view at all. But no, on a form this is not an option

Top Labels in this Space