Speeding up sync times in apps with a lot of data?

Hey all,

Iโ€™m new to this form so Iโ€™m hoping this is the right place to post!

Iโ€™m just curious if any of you have any ideas on how I can speed up sync times on one of my applications.

This application is running off an SQL connection to a couple databases and the main source of data has over 30,000 records in it. On top of that there are many fields that use expressions so Iโ€™m assuming this might also be a point in which sync times are getting caught up in, but sadly all of them are necessary to keep.

Is archiving some older data into a seperate table my best bet to reducing load/sync times? Or is there anything I can do in AppSheet?

Thanks!

0 3 194
3 REPLIES 3

Iโ€™m a begginer.
I have over 100k records, in different tables., in google sheets.
What I did , mainly, was putting the readonly tables in the same spreadsheet, and activate those sync options for readonly tables.

Second, based on my needs, i created some simple filtering options, and used those in tables security filters. That makes some of my largest tables to only trasfer the rows that match the filter. On sql i think the security filters are even better.

As an examole, I have a table with 60k lines, one column being a date. So i filtered it in security filters with something like [date]>=today()-365 , to only load the last year records.

So , first of all, i suggest to take a look in securuty filters, for your case

Thanks guys Iโ€™ll check these out!

Top Labels in this Space