String cannot be of zero length

Iโ€™m getting and error that says โ€œString cannot be of zero length. Parameter name:oldValue/nโ€. There are no red markings anywhere in my app so I have no idea where this error is coming from. As well as the fact that Iโ€™m 99.9% sure a string can be length zero. Any on had this error before?

Solved Solved
0 2 1,255
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found that the error was located in a formula that used a Substitute around an ExtractPhoneNumber where the phone number was empty. Support said that they would look into making the error message more descriptive. That was the complete message apart from โ€œthe app cannot be loaded please contact the app creatorโ€.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Where are you seeing this error message? Is this the complete message? If not, can you post it?

And I think the โ€œString cannot be of zero lengthโ€ is referring to the context. The next part โ€œParameter name:oldValueโ€ makes me think this message is coming from the underlying code used to build the platform - not from AppSheet functions directly.

I found that the error was located in a formula that used a Substitute around an ExtractPhoneNumber where the phone number was empty. Support said that they would look into making the error message more descriptive. That was the complete message apart from โ€œthe app cannot be loaded please contact the app creatorโ€.

Top Labels in this Space