Subtracting lists not working

I have the following formula for subtracting lists:

(Sheet1[Patient Name]-Target Table[Entry])

Following is the screenshot of Table Sheet1
3X_b_4_b4930b1ed9179e32338ea4d6e3602dee9e7523ac.png

Following is the screenshot of Table Target Table
3X_9_d_9d074e92f53df7ecb9b445776b28636bbdeec885.png

I am using the above mentioned formula in a Column Type Enum List. But it is giving me the wrong output… The output it gives me is the following

Instead of subtracting, it is adding both the lists in the dropdown, items of Sheet1 are preselected.

I don’t know why it is happending

Solved Solved
1 6 349
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Initial Value is not the appropriate place to put your expression then.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Judging by your last screenshot, I’m guessing you used the expression in Initial Value ? If that is the case, it is doing exactly what you told it to do. What do you want it to do?

Hi, thanks for replying. Yes I want it to show only those patient names from column “patient name” of table “Sheet1” which are not present in column “entry” of table “target table”. So, in above example, my enum list should only show (that also unchecked) the following patient names:
Bill Thomas
Tom cather
Tom
Sue

Initial Value is not the appropriate place to put your expression then.

Thanks Marc, these helped a lot in clearing the problem. My basics were not clear.

I know this is an old thread. But today I'm not able to perform a list subtraction. I'm using the following formula:

[VISIBILIDADE NÍVEL]-select(USUÁRIOS MANUT[NÍVEIS DE ACESSO],[EMAIL ACESSO]=USEREMAIL())

The result I get is equal to the [VISIBILIDADE NÍVEL] Enum list, even if its values are in the SELECT result.

Is there something I am missing?

A "SPLIT" on the [VISIBILIDADE NÍVEL] solved it!

Top Labels in this Space