Sumproduct equivalent

Hi All,
I am using this expression to get the most recent value based on some criteria. i always ended up to the last value in column:
ANY(
SELECT(
Order Details[Dipstick Closing],
(
[timestamp]
= MAX(
SELECT(
Order Details[timestamp],
AND( ([timestamp] < [_THISROW].[timestamp]),[Product Name]=[_THISROW].[Product Name])
)
)
)
)
)

please help again thanks.

0 11 317
11 REPLIES 11

Your expression appears correct. I can’t see any issues, but given that you’ve not included the timestamp column in your screenshot, that makes it my prime suspect.

hi Marc,
please see, timestamp included:

Hmm, ok. Where are you using the expression?

as an initial value of a child table. hope i answered you correctly.

So, you’re NOT using it in the context of this highlighted row? What is the value of the timestamp in whatever record you ARE using it from?

oh your right. I set the timestamp column to be hidden and I didn’t able to see that I was referring to the wrong timestamp “[_thisrow ].[Timestamp]”.

now that is my challenge. how can i get that [dipstick closing] value? i am using it on edit mode as sometimes user forgot to input the whole sets of product data.

i cant wrap around in my head in building this expression. I need to refer to the dipstick id as they are unique to this set of transaction/input.

What do you mean wrong timestamp? Which record/context ARE you trying to run the expression from? Are you trying to get the 2nd to most recent value?

please see image:

when user forgot to input a product on child’s table, user must go into edit mode to add the missing product. but the new data must match the parent [dipstick ID].
the expression should be able to locate the most recent value of the row being edited.

sorry if i consume a lot of your time on this one

HI All
thanks @June_Corpuz for assisting me here: this is another expensive formula:

LOOKUP(
MAX(
SELECT(
Order Details[_rownumber],
AND(
[Product Name] = [_thisrow].[Product Name],
[timestamp]

<

LOOKUP(