Sync delate

Is it possible to create an action to synchronize the app every 5 minutes? Or how could the users receive a message, where it tells us that the database was updated?

0 5 161
5 REPLIES 5

No. Currently there are only 2 ways to force a sync sooner than the background sync that occurs every 30 minutes.

1. Tap the Sync button.
  2. In a navigation link to a view, add the โ€œ&at=NOW() + 1โ€ parameter to force a sync before the view loads.

I donโ€™t know your app but in most situations, realistically, only the data the user is ABOUT to view needs to updated to get any latest updates. So, you may be able to accomplish what you want by creating your own navigation links that include the force sync parameter.

You can refer to this document for more information about building navigation links:

You may also want to add your vote to this Feature Request:

Thanks.

My app users send and receive orders. The problem is that the recipients do not know whether or not someone entered an order. The only way is with the sync button

If you have Automatic Updates on, they will see the updates but it could take up to 30 minutes. This is only a problem if they are completely idle. If they are entering or editing data, the app can be set to Sync upon those changes and they will see others updates as well.

If your need is for the users to know about an Order to act upon it ASAP, the best way currently is to send an alert by email or Push Notification or both. You can provide a link in that message that will not only navigate them to the Order they need to act upon, but will also force a Sync to make sure their app data has been fully updated. This is how I would handle it.

Is there a possibility that in the future it will be possible to have less than 30 minutes of update? 5 minutes would be decent

Possible. There have been several Feature Requests.

Top Labels in this Space