Sync settings - what does everyone do as a best practice for public apps?

We are looking to post an app for public use. Simple form to add restaurant info and a list view and map view.

What is the best setting for sync?

0 8 258
8 REPLIES 8

you can expand that image ^^^

Bahbus

Generally, if possible, I only sync in the background. In my specific example, where I have a public-ish app (more of a kiosk inside the store), I use background syncing on a menu as you browse and add items to your cart. And then I use a forced sync upon order confirmation, since theoretically that customer is done and is probably already walking away. Lastly, there is a webhook to send all that info to Discord asynchronously so the customer doesn’t have to talk if they don’t want.

I agree… I could go back and forth with the “sync on start” I think since it’s emergency related you might want to ensure people have the most up to date info… Also, since they don’t “push” many records syncing after they save a record would be good… the “education” around the red “waiting to sync” items for a public app might be a little much.

In general I would be VERY careful with delta sync and my general advice is to leave it off until you understand what it’s doing.

but you had delta sync turned on in the pic above. should I leave it off?

I would turn it off until you can guarantee that you won’t manipulate your backend.

Basically, only turn it on when your app is “done”.

Top Labels in this Space