Sync time 40+ seconds

Is it normal to have 40+ second sync time?

1 5 384
5 REPLIES 5

Normal is relative. In theory its possible to have applications which require excessive loading as a result of some requirements.

What is more likely is you have some poorly optimized virtual columns or backend calculations going on.

It is normally best to start by going to Manage > Monitor > Performance Profile.
It will tell you where the time is going.

Quite often the time is spent computing virtual columns.
You may be able to optimize that.

I did this and it shows a duration time of 53 seconds and the sync description just says fetch? The preview time was at 62 seconds though when I tried previewing multiple times and when I went into the spreadsheet and deleted sheets and deleted empty rows and columns the time went up to 72 seconds when nothing was added after I did that. Iโ€™n trying to figure out what accounts for most of this time and 62-72 seconds seems to be way too much.

Thank you. It looks like you guys were right. Calculating virtual related columns taking too long (75% of the time). How can i optimize that or build it better?

You can determine where the time is spent by going to Manage > Monitor > Performance Profile

Top Labels in this Space