TEXT([DATE]) Capitalization Issue only with the Month of "MAY"

I am converting a date into TEXT() using the formula below and have a very strange result.  

All dates in May, renders the month capitalized, ex. MAY, 1, 2022.  None of the other months are rendering in ALL CAPS.

TEXT(CONCATENATE(SWITCH(Month([Date]),1, January,2, February,3, March,4, April,5, May,6, June,7, July,8, August,9, September,10, October,11, November,12, December,""),' ',DAY([Date]),', ',YEAR([Date])))

Solved Solved
1 4 134
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't know why it's happening but in anycase your expression makes little sense to me.

Do this instead:

TEXT(
  [Date],
  "MMM, DD, YYYY"
)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I don't know why it's happening but in anycase your expression makes little sense to me.

Do this instead:

TEXT(
  [Date],
  "MMM, DD, YYYY"
)

Thank you, I seem to recall copying the code from this site.  😉

It has to do with the length of the word. For some strange reason, AppSheet capitalizes strings that are three characters or less long. I don't know why.

The solution, and also a good general practice, you should always quote your strings, even if they don't contain spaces or special characters, always. At least this would save you some processing cycles in the AppSheet's backend. 

By the way, I've just seen @SkrOYC's reply. In your case, this is the right expression to use. You should use TEXT() with date arguments instead of CONCATENATE. 

Top Labels in this Space