Table Name in Preset of Webhook is reverted on save

in both reports and workflows, I create a task and select Webhook as the reaction.

1. table A is the table set for โ€œwhen this happensโ€ (for workflows) and โ€œfor tableโ€ (for reports)
  2. select Preset = AppSheet Edit Row
  3. select table B for โ€œTable name What entity table does this action work against?โ€ (it is defaulted to table A)
  4. press save, everything saves properly except โ€œTable name What entity table does this action work against?โ€ is reverted back to table A

Note that for table B I have Add and Update allowed in the Table properties

Is there some other field that I have to set that I may have left blank that will cause this selection to stick?

1 6 214
6 REPLIES 6

I have reported this to @Phil a couple of weeks ago. Though this, the workflow works as expected (at least in my case). Can you confirm this?

so itโ€™s just a UI display problem?
I am using Custom for now

Trigger your webhook workflow with some test data in your app and verify if the webhook is working as expected or not. Itโ€™s possibly a UI problem I believe. When you change the table and SAVE the editor, after save it reverts back to the previous value, isnโ€™t it?

yes after save it reverts back to the previous value.

@Stephen_Ehmann
Can you also confirm that the webhook is working correctly?

Mine is doing this also. I am trying to create an API workflow to add line item records when a new Purchase Order is created. The โ€œWhat entity table does this action work against?โ€ reverts upon save also from โ€œPO Line Itemโ€ back to "Purchase Order"which is of course the parent table.

Top Labels in this Space